Barn Conversions

Barn Conversion Applications


Barn conversions from agricultural to residential use firstly require you to obtain the correct change of use and conversion planning consent from the Local Planning Authority. Barn conversions can be done either through Full Planning or through Permitted Development under what is known as 'Class Q'.


Some may tell you that it is a simple process to make use of these permitted development rights, but unfortunately this is not the case. There are many considerations to take into account, and you will often need a surveyor with an understanding of the law to give you the best chances of success.


We recommend that if you wish to see if your holding is suitable for this type of development, then please contact Leavers for a further discussion.

Leavers Rural Surveyors is the trading name of Leavers Rural Surveyors Ltd. Registered in England, Company No. 08681412. Registered Office: The Farm Office, White House Farm, Brookfield Road, Churchdown, Gloucestershire, GL3 2PE. Regulated by the RICS.